martes, 27 de agosto de 2013

Incorporating Household Chores into Your Other Daily Routines

Since moving from a one-bedroom apartment to a three-bedroom house, I've struggled with staying on top of cleaning and household chores. One way that I've kept order is by making quick tasks part of my getting-ready-for-work and just-getting-home-from-work routine.
A pattern has developed naturally. After I shower, I wipe down my bathroom countertop and faucet. (If there is one area where I'm fastidiously clean, that's it.) If I've run the dishwasher the night before, I empty it as my cup of Barry's tea steeps. A little while later, on my way downstairs to go out the door, I collect any dirty cups and glasses or trash/recycling and put them where they belong. Once I'm back home in the evening, I take the first half hour or so to put things away and quickly tidy up.
As I've turned these basic tasks into habits, they feel less like chores. I still struggle to commit the time to doing things like vacuuming, mopping, and dusting everywhere, but I'm having an easier time accepting the never-ending cycle of household chores.
How do you make chores a part of your day? Do you have a cleaning schedule you stick to?
                                                                                                                                                         http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/


No hay comentarios: